Counseling Services of Southern Minnesota began providing School-Linked Mental Health services in 2014. The school-linked mental health program is part of an initiative sponsored by the Department of Human Services to increase identification of mental health issues, improve clinical functioning outcomes for children and youth with a mental health diagnosis, and increase accessibility for children and youth who are uninsured or under insured.
School-Linked Mental Health therapy is conducted at the school during the school day and throughout the summer. Although services are not free, by providing services within the school, children and youth who may never have had access to mental health services can now obtain those services.
We accept most private insurance plans, MA and Minnesota Care plans, and grant funds may be available to families who qualify. We also offer MNSure navigation services and MA enrollment free of charge.
Our Clinical Team
Our clinical team is made up of Master Level Clinicians including Professional Clinical Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists. Many of our therapists have acquired post graduate training in Evidence Based Models of therapy including:
- Managing and Adapting Practice (MAP)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Child Parent Psychotherapy (CPP)
- Pre-Intake Sessions with Parents/Guardians
- Diagnostic Assessment
- Individual and Family Therapy
- Substance Use Disorder Awareness
- Clinical care coordination with teachers, caregivers, and other providers
- Parent/Guardian, Teacher, and Administration Consultations
- School training and development
- Attendance at school meetings and individualized Education (IEP)/special education planning meetings
- Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS). Skill services for children and their family.
Schools We Serve
If you have a child or youth attending any of the schools listed who could benefit from school-linked mental health services, please contact your school social worker or counselor and they will assist you with the referral process